How to Become a Morning Person
I'm not sure I'm the best person to be giving advice on this topic, but I'm currently attempting to become a morning person! I love the early morning. It's so peaceful. Once I'm out of bed, I am a definite morning person. It's the getting out of bed part that really throws me off..
These are the tips and tricks I am currently implementing in my life in order to become a morning person!
1) Set Your Goal - If you are planning to accomplish anything in life, you start with setting your goal. Don't go too crazy at first, be realistic. You can always tweak it as you go along. My goal is wake up at 6:30, drink a cup of tea while I have my devotions, get ready, pack lunches and be out the door by 7:40. I don't want to have to rush, because I hate starting my day that way. Eventually I'd like to be getting up at 6:00.
2) Prepare the Night Before - This one really helps me. Set out the outfit you are planning on wearing that day. I get excited and a little more motivated in the morning if I know I'm going to be wearing something I love. If you're a coffee drinker, set the timer on it so you can wake up and grab your cup of coffee as soon as you roll out of bed.
3) Hype Yourself Up - Get excited about all the things you will be able to accomplish once you wake up early! You'll actually be able to take your time on your hair and makeup and not regret having to rush. Seriously though, think about how much more time you'll be gaining in your day. It's going to be great!
4) Set Your Alarm (all the way on the other size of the room..) - I know, it's cruel. But if you're anything like me, you hit snooze as soon as your alarm goes off and your back to sleep in a half a minute. If you can't bear to be 10 feet from your phone all night, download one of those problem solving alarms. They make you solve a math problem or puzzle before you can turn your alarm off. (I honestly think that's more cruel than walking across the room:).
5) Get Some Sleep - I won't tell you that you need to go to bed at 9 every night because that's not what works for everyone. Oddly enough, I do better when I get less sleep. I'm not sure why that is, but that's just how I am. So you need to figure out how many hours of sleep you need to feel your best. Maybe aim for 7-8 hours of sleep to start. I feel my best on about 6 hours of sleep.
6) Actually Follow Through - This is the hardest step. You can plan it all out and have great intention and then wake up late again and again.. don't beat yourself up the first few tries. Keep trying and I promise you will become a morning person!
7) Do it for 30 Days - I've always heard that it takes 30 days to form a habit. So if you can tough it out and get up early every day for 30 days, you will be golden! I haven't made it to 30 days yet but I'm trying!
What do you think? How do you get out of bed in the morning? I'd love to hear your tips and tricks on how you become or are becoming a morning person!