How to Make Money in Your Spare Time!
Isn't it everyone's dream to have a little more flexibility with their budget to do the things they enjoy?
We are currently saving up for a house and it's been hard. So in an attempt to speed up our savings process, I have sought out a few ways to make some extra cash in my spare time. Here are a few ways I've discovered:
1) Care.com - You probably think of full time nannies when you hear that or you may have no idea what it is. You can find one time side jobs on Care.com that fit your schedule. The ones that I like are the pet care, date night babysitting, and one-time house cleaning. You can make a good bit of money helping people out! If you don't have kids, this is probably the best side job for you!
2) Flipping Furniture - This is my personal favorite. I buy cheap furniture on Craigslist or Letgo and I do a simple flip such as touching up the paint or sanding and restaining the wood. I can work on it on my own time and so far my stuff has sold pretty quickly! (one to two weeks) Recently, I purchased a piano bench for $10, sanded and painted it, and sold it as an entryway bench the next week for $50. Not bad!
3) Etsy.com - Setting up a shop on Etsy is a lot easier than you think. It cost about 20 cents to list your item. I just set my shop Whimsical Creators up a few weeks ago! I make different types of seasonal wreaths, I really enjoy it. If you like crafting, it's a fun way to monetize your hobby!
4) Blogging - This one takes a little more commitment than the previous three, but if it's something you devote yourself to, it can really pay out. I'm still in the beginnings of starting a blog so I have not made a profit yet, but I'm hopefully that will change soon!
5) Mystery Shopper - My husband discovered this one. We seriously get paid to go eat at restaurants or pretend to shop at stores like Jared's. It's our new date night activity! He uses Marketforce.com which has been great. You just fill out some questions and reviews after you do an assignment then you get paid. I'll do a whole post on this soon to explain it more!
6) Poshmark - Sell the clothes, shoes, and jewelry you don't wear anymore online! Poshmark is an app that I've found is the easiest platform to sell on. I've made almost $300 selling my things! And I don't own designer clothes so they don't have to be top end items and it's all free, they only take a small cut of your profit.
7) Letgo or Craigslist - Another way to make a little extra money and get rid of things you don't want anymore is to sell them on the Letgo app or on Craigslist. Sell furniture of any size on these sites, it's really easy.
8) Surkus - This is another interesting app that I came across. You get paid to attend local events or restaurants. I haven't attended any events yet but I made $5 for listening to a podcast and writing a review. It really depends on where you live and whether or not there are events going on around you.
I'll keep adding to the list as I discover new ways to make a little extra cash! Do you have any other ways you make money in your spare time? I'd love to hear about them!