Affordable Ways to Celebrate an Anniversary
In a few weeks, the mister and I will be celebrating our one year wedding anniversary! I honestly cannot believe that it has been a year already. We have made so many memories over the past year!
As we start looking into what this next year might hold for us, we realized that we really need to start saving money if we want to be able to afford a house! It's been overwhelming but we just have to take baby steps- one step being saving money on our anniversary celebration!
It would be so easy to spend tons of money but we decided we are taking the hard way :) Actually, it's not that hard. If anything, it's more sentimental because you have to put more thought into it.
Here are a few ideas!
1. Instead of going out to a fancy dinner, go have a picnic somewhere sentimental- like where you got engaged.
2. Pull out your wedding dress and ask a friend to help with a photoshoot with both of you! This is such a sweet way to celebrate your anniversary <3 I love how this couple did it..
3. If your anniversary is during the cold months, stay in! Put up some twinkly lights and candles and have a picnic in your living room. Bring out your wedding photos and videos and reminisce for awhile.
4. If you both love baking, this is a fun one! Try to remake a tiny version of your wedding cake. Baking together is always fun and lighthearted- even if it doesn't turn out even close to the original, you'll have a good laugh doing it!
5. One of my favorite ideas: recreate the day you proposed (if you rented an island or spent a ton of money on the proposal.. maybe skip this;) or propose a different way! Either way it's super romantic.
6. Get all dressed up and go out to your favorite diner and have dinner, then share a milkshake!
As long as you put a little love and thought into, it will be special, regardless of how much or how little money you spend.
Have any other ideas? I'd love to hear them!